Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of six (6) to nine (9) members of the Concordia Community Solidarity Co-op Bookstore. These members are elected for a two (2) year mandate at the Co-op’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) – usually held the second or third Wednesday of November – through a simple nomination process.
The Board is comprised of members from all three (3) member categories, as follows:
- One (1) seat for a Support Member representative
- Two (2) seats for Worker Member representatives
- A minimum of three (3), to a maximum of six (6) seats for User Member representatives
Upon selection of the Board at the AGM, the Board meets at least once a month to do the following:
- select and develop projects and initiatives;
- set policy;
- act as arbitrator on disputes within the Co-op;
- ensure financial viability and the legal and fiscal integrity of the Co-op;
- manage discretionary funds; and
- ensure the maintenance of the constitution and organizational mandate.