Assistant Bookseller Callout EN
Job Posting: Assistant Bookseller
Hours: Maximum of 16 hours/week, during the normal operating hours of the CCSCB, that is, Monday to Friday, 10:00AM to 6:00PM.
Duration: One-year contract (renewable)
Purpose: The Assistant Bookseller is responsible for the daily operations of the store; namely, providing excellent customer service to clients and ensuring that the basic store operational needs are met.
Primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- In coordination with Store Manager, open and close store as scheduled and follow assigned opening and closing procedures
- In coordination with Store Manager: greeting customers as they come into the store, ensuring that the customers needs are met
- Embodying the CCSCB’s mission and mandate at all times
- Processing transactions in an efficient and competent manner
- Updating and maintaining the store’s inventory system (LightSpeed POS)
- Counting cash drawer at opening / closing; Maintaining a balanced cash register; reconciling End-of-Day receipts
- Processing other transactions (Returns, Paid-outs, Individual Orders, Memberships, Gift Cards etc.)
- Receiving, pricing and entering new stock into LightSpeed
- Shelving new stock accordingly
Used Book / Artisan Consignment:
- Processing, pricing and shelving consigned books
- Processing paid outs for sold consignment
- Returning unsold consignment to customers
- Inventory management of artisanal wares on consignment
- Ensuring that the store is clean and tidy at all times
- Ensuring that books are shelved in the appropriate sections (both new and used)
- Ensuring that the store is properly merchandised
Requirements: The ideal candidate will…
- Be a currently enrolled Concordia student
- Have experience working in a retail environment and with customers
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to troubleshoot, communicate, and adapt in different situations
- Have a familiarity with Mac computers and Google Drive / Google Suite
- Share similar values with the Co-op’s mission and mandate and be committed to upholding those values in the workplace
- Be interested in anti-oppressive and decolonial approaches to knowledge and education
It would also be great if the candidate had…
- Experience with Lightspeed
- Experience working in a bookstore, library, or other book-related field
- Spoken & written French (conversational)
- Experience working with/knowledge of Concordia University and its communities
- Experience with non-profits, not-for-profits, community organizations, or other alternative business models
Please submit this form by July 7th 2022. Your cover letter, if you choose to include one, can be addressed to the CCSCB Hiring Committee.
The Co-op has a commitment to employment equity in our hiring practices. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions that they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to the Co-op in their cover letter or resume. Please indicate on the Google Form that you would like to be considered for Employment Equity.
For more information on anything about this application, you can contact Mariam at [email protected].
(Pour voir cette offre d'emploi en francais, svp cliquez ici)