Wuthering Heights (Fifth Edition): A Norton Critical Edition
|Availability:||In stock (19)|
This Norton Critical Edition includes:
- The first edition of the novel (1847), accompanied by a new preface and revised explanatory footnotes.
- Key excerpts from Emily Brontë's diary papers and devoirs, along with thirteen of her sister Charlotte Brontë's letters regarding publication of both the 1847 and 1850 editions, and Charlotte's notes of introduction to the posthumous 1850 edition.
- Thirteen of Charlotte Brontë's letters regarding the publication of both the 1847 and 1850 editions of Wuthering Heights, along with key excerpts from her diary and devoirs.
- Twenty-one of Emily's poems, including the eighteen selected for publication by Charlotte with the 1850 edition and a further three poems new to this Fifth Norton Critical Edition.
- Thirteen reviews of both the 1847 and 1850 editions of the novel.
- Five major critical assessments of Wuthering Heights, three of them new to the Fifth Edition.
- A revised chronology and a selected bibliography.